Is it gluten free?
NZ$10.00 inc. GST
How to easily and confidently identify gluten on food labels.
From where gluten comes from to my simple four-step label-reading process, this easy to use, interactive online guide will arm you with the information you need to go truly gluten-free. It’s a must for anyone living with coeliac disease or gluten intolerance.
Suitable for Australians and New Zealanders.
- Rebecca Bruce, NZ Registered Dietitian
- Molly Warner, Australian Accredited Dietitian (and diagnosed coeliac)
- Health Navigator NZ.
After receiving your unique log-in via email, you’ll have 30 days in which to hop in and out of the guide as often as you like.
You may have noticed that gluten can be found unexpectedly in all sorts of foods and drinks, making being truly gluten-free difficult without the right knowledge at your fingertips. If you need to follow a strict gluten-free diet, it’s time to ditch the apps and throw away the booklets full of long ingredient names — you don’t need them. Identifying gluten on a food label can be easy and I’m here to show you how. In as little as 30 minutes, I’ll teach you how to quickly and confidently identify gluten on a food label, so you can take the stress and confusion out of your supermarket shop. My online guide is interactive, easy to use and packed full of useful information — you’ll even have the chance to test your knowledge by practising on real-life packaging examples.
- What gluten is and why it’s in our food
- Which foods are naturally gluten-free
- Why oats, soy and beer often confuse newbies to a gluten-free diet
- What ‘gluten free’, ‘low gluten’ and ‘parts per million’ really mean
- The six words manufacturers can use to describe gluten on a food label (Food Standards Australia & New Zealand)
- The four wheat-based ingredients that are gluten free and safe for coeliacs
- Why food additive numbers don’t need to be remembered, and allergens don’t have to appear in bold type.
- How recent changes to food laws will affect the way we read labels in the future
- The Insides Guide’s simple, fail-safe, four-step label-reading process
- And so much more…
In my work as a food scientist, it was my role to write the ingredients lists and allergen statements for the products I developed. When I, and others in my family, were diagnosed with coeliac disease, this knowledge helped me to confidently buy safe food. So far, this guide has helped around 300 gluten-free New Zealanders and Australians to do the same for their families.