How to eat out as a coeliac
NZ$0.00 inc. GST
How to eat out on a gluten-free diet
From cafés and restaurants to gatherings with friends and family, this easy to use, interactive online guide will teach you everything you need to know to eat out safely on a strict gluten-free diet. It’s a must for anyone living with coeliac disease or severe gluten intolerance.
Suitable for New Zealanders and Australians.
- Rebecca Bruce, NZ Registered Dietitian.
- Molly Warner, Australian Accredited Dietitian (and diagnosed coeliac).
Once you’ve learnt the ins and outs of how to identify gluten on a food label (see here), the gluten-free diet begins to feel manageable – until you walk out the front door! Eating away from home is without a doubt one of the biggest challenges faced by coeliacs and those with non-coeliac gluten-sensitivity. In as little as 30 minutes, this guide will teach you how to make it simpler, so you can enjoy social occasions like you used to before. It’s easy, interactive and full of the many eating-away-from-home tips and tricks I’ve learnt during my 20-plus years spent living with coeliac disease.
- The three basic principles to think about when eating away from home
- The rules eateries must follow when selling gluten-free food (according to Food Standards Australia & New Zealand)
- How those rules operate in practice (it can be a bit different!)
- My simple six-step process that’ll minimise your risk of being ‘glutened’ at cafés and restaurants
- My top 10 tips to help you navigate shared meals with friends and family
- What to do when faced with a ‘non-believer’ of the gluten-free diet — workmates included
- Why a one-size-fits-all approach to eating out doesn’t work, and my thoughts about why your personality should influence your approach
- And so much more…
You’ll also receive:
- A free, downloadable document that quickly summarises coeliac disease and the challenges you face when eating out (to share with friends, family and workmates).
After receiving your unique log-in via email, you’ll have 30 days in which to hop in and out of the guide as often as you like.